Effective Date: December 2, 2019
Last Updated Date: December 2, 2019
Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data as described below. “Labor Communications” means response surveys, questions to your coworkers, and other communications that you submit through the System for you and your coworkers to evaluate and improve your workplace, and in furtherance of labor organizing activities. Personal Data, Anonymous Data, and Labor Communications are collectively “Your Data.” A “Unit” means a group of users who share surveys, questions, responses, and other information with one another as part of an attempt to organize labor in those users’ workplace.
Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
· We may collect Labor Communications from you when you reply to surveys, create questions of your own, or post other communications to your coworkers.
· If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
· If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
· Our Site may let you store preferences like how your content is displayed, your location, and other preferences. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
· When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
· Certain Services that we may offer, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
· We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our System more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
· Pixel Tags. In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags may also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
· How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site.
· Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
Use of Your PERSONAL Data AND LABOR COMMUNICATIONS
General Use. In general, Personal Data and Labor Communications that you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data and Labor Communications in the following ways:
· facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
· identify you as a user in our system;
· provide improved administration of our System;
· provide the Services you request;
· to allow you to share information about your workplace within your Unit with your coworkers to make suggestions to improve your workplace and gauge your coworkers’ interest in organizing a bargaining unit for purposes of negotiating with your employer;
· to assist you and the other users in your Unit in preparing and/or submitting paperwork and other filings for labor organizing purposes;
· improve the quality of experience when you interact with our System;
· send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
· make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback.
User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting their name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your state of residence only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance our System. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data AND LABOR COMMUNICATIONS
Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide may be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information.
Users. We will share your Labor Communications with the other users in your Unit. We may share your Personal Data with other users only after you’ve given us permission, and solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Unit of Work. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Unit of Work.
Disclosure to Third Party Individuals or Companies. We may disclose your Personal Data and Labor Communications to third parties where you give us permission to do so. Such third party individuals or companies may include an accountant, attorney, the National Labor Relations Board or other government agency, or service providers you designate or otherwise link your account with.
Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data or Labor Communications in their user account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us or editing their profile via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your Personal Data and Labor Communications as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Unit of Work, Inc.
288 Norfolk Street,
Cambridge, MA 02139
A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Unit of Work and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States